Anilao vs PG for one month stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of doing a dive master course and am leaning toward Anilao (Buceo Anilao) and PG (Scandi or El Galleon).
I have visited each once and enjoyed both. I stayed at Blue Ribbon in Anilao and EG in PG.
Any suggestions as to which area would be better all around to stay for a month? I enjoy macro but wonder if Buceo would be too isolated for an extended amount of time.
When I was at El Galleon for a week, I did not leave the resort but having a commercial area nearby maybe nice.

Time of year: April or May.
Thanks

I would vote Scandi. It’s a title outside of the main PG area which is nice but it’s an easy walk if you want to go into town kind of the best of both worlds.

I would vote Scandi. It’s a title outside of the main PG area which is nice but it’s an easy walk if you want to go into town kind of the best of both worlds.
Have you been? Any advice on rooms?

Have you been? Any advice on rooms?

I have spent a few weeks there. It totally depends on your budget. The more affordable rooms are nice but a little small. One of the perks though is they are close to the restaurant.

The larger rooms can get pricey but are really nice but tend to be a little walk which got a little long depending on camera gear etc.

The staff is awesome and food is really good. You can walk to PG or grab a moped ride from behind the resort. Also for DM training I think the conditions in PG are more varied than Anilao with much, reef, wrecks, current, etc.

I have spent a few weeks there. It totally depends on your budget. The more affordable rooms are nice but a little small. One of the perks though is they are close to the restaurant.

The larger rooms can get pricey but are really nice but tend to be a little walk which got a little long depending on camera gear etc.

The staff is awesome and food is really good. You can walk to PG or grab a moped ride from behind the resort. Also for DM training I think the conditions in PG are more varied than Anilao with much, reef, wrecks, current, etc.
Did you stay in an original Scandi room or one at Campbell’s?

Did you stay in an original Scandi room or one at Campbell’s?

I have stayed in both. The penthouse on the campbells side and a suite on the original Scandi side and a standard room on the Scandi side.

The campbells rooms that are along the path by the water are pretty nice but I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the options.

I've dived both but if I were to be at one place for a month, I'd want better access to a town. Therefore PG would get my vote.

Asia Divers at El Galleon has a strong reputation for the quality of their training and Instructors. That would be a strong factor in my decision process for such an important certification. Food variety and quality for that length of time would also be a strong consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom