Anilao Traffic!, Saturday, June 12, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi There! Was headed to Anilao for an overnight trip last Saturday, June 12, 2010. Got stuck in traffic on the road to Mabini around the area near Keppel and AG&P.

Was wondering if anyone else had problems with the traffic. I ended up turning around and headed to the Lemery parking lot of Dive N Trek instead.

What was the cause oft he traffic Jam? I was locked i the jam for an hour and a half and was lucky to be able to turn around.

aside from the road construction, there was a fiesta and parade in that area. We were lucky cuz we arrived around 1:30 at the Bauan-Mabini Junction (after Petron gas station) and was able to slip past the traffic mayhem by closely tailing a politician's convoy complete with blaring siren! :D.
Before I forget, the water temp in Anilao last weekend was in the 86-87 fahrenheit range. Terribly hot.....

am workin' here in Batangas. Normally when i roll to Anilao, am doin it early morning(catch the sunrise on my first dive). Traffic in the area will always be there, Keppel is a shipyard with thousand of employees in and out, but spending an hour would be rare unless you timed a fiesta or an accident.

btw, some road constructions too after the place(mabini), expect more build up especially this rainy season.

It would be nice if there were a fast "Super Cat" type boat from Manila to Batangas City or even from Manila to Subic Bay.

That traffic Jam was bad. I understand several guests at Dive N Trek also encountered the traffic. Just can't believe it was simply construction. I guess no none was guiding traffic around the construction and things got locked up. Anyway, I can see how divers on day trips could have lost their whole day to that traffic jam.

First time I encountered it that bad in Anilao ever. My computer logged 30 and 31 degrees centigrade!

Yes, the water was very warm last weekend.

BTW, just an update for you guys. the 3rd leg of the STAR express way might be opened this end of June. It means travel from SLEX will go all the way to Batangas exit without passing the traffic infested road in Sto. Tomas. Toll plaza's n place now. I already did Batangas - C5 in 1hr & 20 min, this means we can now do the trip n an hour. more dives....Yeah!

yes i heard about this.. SLEX will now be connected to STAR TOLL. :D
this will surely cut down travel time to Anilao. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom