Anilao tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm back in Manila, arrived late last night, my girlfriend arrived this afternoon. Flight went well, and I had no trouble bringing by ss bp/w, reg, spgs, lights, camera and other stuff in carry-on. Was able to skip the customs line too, but then had to wait an hour for my checked-in luggage. (What's with all the damn cardboard boxes, guys - they block the baggage line... grrr...)

Tomorrow morning we are heading off to Anilao for 3 nights, 4 days - it'll be our first time there. Then we'll come back to Manila for a few days after which we'll go either to PG or maybe some place else - I'd like to visit Camiguin, but the transport would be more complicated. My gf will leave before new year, but I'll stay for a few more weeks to do more diving and to spend some time with my parents.

Anyway, my gf will be doing her AOW/Nitrox in Aniloa, but I'd like to combine some of it with the best dive sites, so what should we visit and any last minute tips I should know about or things I should anticipate? Thanks.

Hmm... check out mainit point and do a semi-"tambay" dive there and wait for sharks. :) Also, after your gf gets aow certified, you should both visit the cathedral and hug the cross there while thanking the Lord for your gf's new certification. Then feed the fish after praying :D Enjoy your stay here in the Philippines!! HOpe the viz is ok :wink:

VERDE ISLAND - Agapito and washing machine

i hate that place..... hehehehhehe

welcome back floater!

Any sites you dive will be excellent. Some of my favourites are sepok, mainit, bahura, sombrero, and devils point. Where in Anilao will you be staying? Sayang, you missed last night. FYI, a bunch of us are going to dive n trek to dive this saturday...

See dive map at the top of this thread for a better look at anilao:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1392036#post1392036
(the map should be rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees to make North up)

heheheh, yea the cardboard boxes are a staple site in the airport. Pasalubong from abroad! :)

edit: forgot to add twin rocks to my list.

bro you are going to have a great time in anilao. i can recommend a couple of places and resorts. im in anilao every other week checking diff sites. the sites chip mentioned above are pretty much my favorites as well. you can also go to verde island, another fav of mine.

Thanks for the feedback. We are staying at Planet Dive - perhaps not a board favorite, but I prefer NAUI to PADI because of deeps stop, rgbm and aow dive depth recs, and Planet Dive was the only NAUI based resort I could find in Aniloa using the internet, so I contacted them and got a really interesting aow/nitrox course offer so we decided to go with them.

I can't join the sat dive trek because my gf will be finishing her course at that time and I'll be with her on the dives. Maybe another time...

*Floater*:
Thanks for the feedback. We are staying at Planet Dive - perhaps not a board favorite, but I prefer NAUI to PADI because of deeps stop, rgbm and aow dive depth recs, and Planet Dive was the only NAUI based resort I could find in Aniloa using the internet, so I contacted them and got a really interesting aow/nitrox course offer so we decided to go with them.

I can't join the sat dive trek because my gf will be finishing her course at that time and I'll be with her on the dives. Maybe another time...
planet dive is an excellent resort. I like their setup - lots of foliage and a great view from the deck (great place for BBQ and a drink!). You'll definitely feel in paradise there.

Well have fun, maybe we could all get together for a dive in jan before you leave!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom