Anilao Pictures from May 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSR-3

Contributor
Reaction score
First, thanks to all who post here. This forum was a major source of info for me, and a big part of my choice to go to Anilao last month.

Since there were 24 other photog's on the trip, I'm a bit surprised not to see others posting pics here?

Anyhow, what an awesome destination Anilao is. I expected to see some cool stuff, but I was blown-away by what I/we experienced. For almost every creature I had hoped to find, I saw it and at least 1 more I never expected! Sure, I would like to have seen the flamboyant cuttlefish, mandarinfish, and a couple others, but NO disappointment, and a good reason to go back!

Pic's here.

Nudi-1395.JPG
[/IMG]

Very nice pics! Were you part of the group that went with Scott Gietler? I was hoping someone would post a detailed trip report but I haven't come across one yet...

Thanks all.
Yes, I met Scott & Mike's UWPG group there.
I did 24 dives, at a bunch of sites, with a few repeats- Secret Bay, Twin Rocks, Arthur's, Mainit, Kirby's, Cathedral, Bubbles, Layag, Sunview, and others I can't recall.
Only the first couple of dives were less than spectacular, and even those had "what the heck is that" finds, as well as other cool stuff.

Great shots - what was the Crystal Blue resort like?

Great shots - what was the Crystal Blue resort like?
It was good- probably about what I expected. Not a lot of (any?) service to the room during the week I was there, which is no big deal, but having an insta-roommate I would have appreciated it. Great AC. Lot's of stairs, but I guess that comes with the territory... The food was very good, though not very adventurous. Staff was very nice. Great camera facilities. Nice common areas to lounge/download, and a nice new bar that looked ready to open soon. The guys in the dive shop and the boat crews were generally great, especially considering that they were at max capacity, and with ~25 divers there's ALWAYS the "who's going with who" and "where the hell are they" moments. They did seem to keep a good attitude throughout. Nitrox was 32% for every tank I had, with one 1k PSI dud that was quickly exchanged. The location was good, and pretty central to many good sites. The dive in front- Arthurs? was our last on Saturday night and it was great! 'should have tried it sooner. I would gladly go back to CBR.

DSR-3,

Brilliant pictures, thanks for posting the link, and the report - Anilao is one of the locations I've yet to visit, and seeing the positive feedback and varied sea life keeps it firmly in my list of 'must go soon' !

PS - the quality of the pics makes me jealous !!

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom