Anilao Macro and Wide Angle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Headed to Anilao in a couple of weeks for 5 days of diving. First time. Any reason to bring the dome port, 16-35mm and 8-15mm fisheye? Or just stick with 100mm and SMC-1??

Posted in Underwater Photography, but didn't get any responses. Thank you

Others will respond , but I didn’t use any wide angle in Anilao. There is good blackwater diving in Anilao , so if you enjoy that and use less powerful lenses/ports for that you might want to bring them (some people use a mid range macro lens for blackwater instead of the 90s or 105s )

Any reason to bring the dome port, 16-35mm and 8-15mm fisheye?
Beatrice rock, Twin Rocks or the jackfish school are IMO worthwhile thinking about a fisheye lens for a couple of dives each site.

You could try some wide angle macro if you find the right critter and conditions are good for it.

There is some wide angle on the house reefs as well. It will give you a chance to get away from the rest of the group who are shooting nudis.
1725545846911.png

Thanks, think I will just shoot macro and enjoy pairing down the amount of equipment I normally carry. This way, I will be certain to see a whale shark and a school of hammerhead swim by.

Anyone dove recently with the flooding happening. Curious about current conditions.

Thanks, think I will just shoot macro and enjoy pairing down the amount of equipment I normally carry.

I recall a few nice wide angle sites but the boats rarely went there. They took me when I asked. I'd been there 5 days (20 dives) already. But I wouldn't take a wide angle to Anilao. Cost versus benefit don't balance.

This way, I will be certain to see a whale shark and a school of hammerhead swim by.

Exactly. You just did yourself a favor.

Thanks, think I will just shoot macro and enjoy pairing down the amount of equipment I normally carry. This way, I will be certain to see a whale shark and a school of hammerhead swim by.

Anyone dove recently with the flooding happening. Curious about current conditions.
@btscott

There was a whaleshark spotted in Anilao earlier this year, but it was the first they had seen in quite a while :wink:

Zero chance a school of hammerheads swim by.

@btscott

There was a whaleshark spotted in Anilao earlier this year, but it was the first they had seen in quite a while :wink:

Zero chance a school of hammerheads swim by.

It was sarcasm;-) But, appreciate the details.

Regardless in Anilao at Aiyanar now and it's macro all day long. I've seen no reason to have any wide angle here. Amazing muck diving. Found Shaun today. Still haven't found a Harlequin shrimp or a Flamboyant Cuttle Fish. Otherwise, have checked everything of my list.

It was sarcasm;-) But, appreciate the details.

Regardless in Anilao at Aiyanar now and it's macro all day long. I've seen no reason to have any wide angle here. Amazing muck diving. Found Shaun today. Still haven't found a Harlequin shrimp or a Flamboyant Cuttle Fish. Otherwise, have checked everything of my list.
Very aware it was sarcasm... I was pointing out that even in Anilao occasionally something unexpected and ramdom may swim by (the whaleshark had everyone talking for days).

Don't want to spoil your fun, but a night dive at the "pier" will usually uncover a large number of shauns if you're looking for them. I prefer blackwater diving, but a night dive at the pier might be the most fun you can have in <15 ft of water. There is also a very good chance of finding bobbit worms there...

The harlequin shrimp is likely hit or miss, but a bit surprising you haven't seen a flamboyant yet (might be time of year?). I'll be in Anilao in about 3 weeks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom