Anilao: Buceo Anilao - Amazing Guides Enzo and Benjie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently returned from 2 weeks in Philippines. 1 week at Anilao. 1 week at PG.
Stayed at Buceo Anilao and can't say enough positive things about the team, facilities, and diving.
The team and dive guides were truly fantastic. I was in a boat with two of the top dive guides at the resort: Enzo and Benjie. They were both really amazing. Literally fish whisperers Aqua men. They hunted and found the most beautiful, rare, and hidden creatures and wildlife in the most delightful settings. The rest of the boat were very experienced professional dive photographers (teaching at a workshop being held later) who regularly dive with top shops all over the world. Even they were impressed with just how good these two were as a team.
Not only did they find amazing creatures, but were constantly watching over their groups to ensure that they were always safe and secure.
The resort itself was also wonderful. I thought the food was really good.
Also, for anyone who wants to dive with Buceo but might be put off by the resort prices, there is a little bed and breakfast in the village next door which is very cozy. The resort was oversold and did not have space my last night and put me there. 2 minute walk to the dive shop. Especially for a group that has split budgets, this would be a great option. Its called Islas. https://goo.gl/maps/FFTzW8MQKG7Lywap6
That said, I thought the rooms were very good value for size and quality. I had to work while there and had good mobile and wifi access. The manager of the resort Dave went out of his way to ensure that everything was set up to allow me to work in between dives so I could balance both activities.

PS: You can find Enzo here if you want to reach out to him. While Benjie was his teacher, Enzo is now the master. If you are a large group, get both. Great team.

Enzo Villanueva

@drschibi -I tried contacting the resort to book but they are not very responsive. Sent email about 2 weeks ago, then inquiry form on their website, contacted Martin on Tripadvisor....still awaiting reply. The inquiries seem to just gone on to a Black Hole. How did you book your trip?
Thanks!

I have recently booked with them but I agree with your comments it seems they have a problem with communication.
Sometimes they are not responsive at all . Last time I get a reply and then the follow up is quite good.
Frank

I have recently booked with them but I agree with your comments it seems they have a problem with communication.
Sometimes they are not responsive at all . Last time I get a reply and then the follow up is quite good.
Frank

Will try one more time; will book elsewhere if don't hear from them. Thanks!

why not check out Aiyanar? Buceo maybe full when they are not replying. www.aiyanar.com For the record Benjie was trained at Aiyanar. :)

why not check out Aiyanar? Buceo maybe full when they are not replying. www.aiyanar.com For the record Benjie was trained at Aiyanar. :)
I may try them next time.
I went thru travel agency and it worked well. Buceo's and I had 'Benjie for a guide. Not sure if he is the same Benjie mentioned here - but, I enjoyed diving with him.

I emailed Buceo on Nov. 20 and they got back to me within a day. Unfortunately they are booked for the time that I want to go.

Hey just wondering where you flew in and out of. I'm interested in going to the same 2 places and trying to figure out if I will have enough time. Thanks

You fly into and out of Manila . Most of the resorts can arrange van transfers to and from the airport. About a 3 hour van ride each way.

Back
Top Bottom