Anemonicity (Grand Cayman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going through photos from my recent trip to Grand Cayman, I found this shot. I hadn't even paid attention to the anemone when I snapped it - too busy trying to get close to the Pederson Shrimp without touching anything. But now that I look at it more closely, I don't recognize the anemone species. I thought at first it was a Sun Anemone (of which I have seen many). However, now I'm wondering if maybe it's a Beaded Anemone instead (which I don't ever recall seeing). Thoughts?

9/21/2011/Black Forest, Grand Cayman/~50fsw

Thanks!

Attachments

• anem1.jpg
    anem1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for all the replies. I was still struck with the feeling that these answers weren't right, so I posted on WetPixel and did some more research. The anemone pictured is, in fact, a Branching Anemone (Lebrunia danae). Here's some more info: Sea Scripts' Publishing
I should have noticed the forked tentacles earlier on - would have made things much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom