Andy's Undies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a set that I use with an Andy's DS3.

I use it throughout the year. It works well in all but the most extreme conditions.

I called one dive earlier this year because I got so cold on the surface interval that I couldn't stop shaking. That was probably due to the fact that it was only about 25 deg. F on the surface and there was a fairly strong wind. I should have stayed belowdecks; however, I needed some fresh air.

The undies are quite crushable. They appear to be far less buoyant than the heavy weight DUI. In particular, two buddies of mine who switched from Andy's to DUI found that they were far more buoyant after the switch, even though all of the suits involved were tri-lam.

I'm considering buying the 200g undies for winter diving simply because it would be nice on the surface interval.

For what its worth, I have a weezle extreme. Nylon shell, very comfortable and warm. A freind of mine used it a couple of months ago while ice diving. He had a bathing suit under the weezle and his drysuit. Said he never got cold. Did not seem to make him any more bouyant. Reasonably priced compared to dui and other suppliers. Compacts to about the size of a football.

I have a pair of US200 and US45; and wear them based on water temperature. Both are very well made, quality products.

Mike

I have the US140 also and it is rated to 38 degrees and up. They are plenty warm. The coldest I have worn them was in 42 degree water. I didn't notice any chill at all on my body. My face was locked into place but everything else was okay. The TR1000 is rated 28 degrees and up. It is however thinner than the US140. The price is a little over $500 here though. I think that the TR is probably the best all around that Andy's puts out but the US140 is a hell of a lot better price for the product. I just don't need 28 degree protection. But if you did decide to buy it you will not be sorry....

James
:getsome:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom