Andros or Abaco need help??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterlucas3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
the family is looking to rent a house in the bahamas and is thinking about either island, now im a big diver and we all like to fish, what is the better island for diving and for renting a house andros or abbaco? ive never been to either and want to focus my hunt for a house on one island. im also interested in maybe some cave diving? thanks for the help

Andros is a beautiful island, but ther is not much to do there besides fish and dive. While it is the largest of the islands in the Bahamas chain it is no where near hte most developed. If you like quiet, quiet, quiet then this is the island for you.

Abaco has a lot to offer. It has great fishing, and beautiful diving. It has the quiet sleepy island feel in the west side (Sandy Point), and it has the modern feel on the east side in Marsh Harbour. There are lots of things that you can do on Abaco.

Last edited:
ok thanks for the help, with andros is there dive ops on the island, and how is the safety on the island if we rent a house??

ok thanks, sounds good, its just hard finding a house for rent down there ya know any suggestions on websites??

ok thanks, sounds good, its just hard finding a house for rent down there ya know any suggestions on websites??

I just did a quick google search and this popped up. Bahamas vacation rentals by private owners

Do you know what area of Andros you want to be on? Once you get an idea, pick the closest of the dive ops, and call them. They could probably hook you up with a rental house.

alright thanks alot im thinking i wanna go to andros but the house selection is very limited lol

yea i was on there website before, some of the dives are pretty cool i heard there are alot of inland blue holes on the island i would def want to check them out

If you want cave diving, Small Hope Bay Lodge is your place!! Give the office a call and I am sure that they could help with finding housing.

Back
Top Bottom