Andamans Havelock diving restricted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I was making inquiries and an agent told me that diving is only allowed within 3 nautical miles at Havelock & Neil Island. Now I don't want to go there only to do dives at not the best sites with the potential for bleached corals etc. Question is do the good dive sites fall in this 3n.m radius? For example here is a list of the sites considered to offer better diving experience:

Johnnys Gorge
Dixons Pinnacle
Jacksons Bar
Broken Ledge
The Wall
White house Rock
South Button
Sebastian Hill
Barren Isle

Do they fall outside the limit or is diving allowed here in 2018? Anyone with recent experience over there please comment?

Thanks

There are some great sites like the wall that fall within the limit, However not everyone has the right to go out by boat so best check before with the Dive center. another option is to go to neil Island they have some great sites.

Hi, I’m diving in the Andamans at the end of this year. I thought all the dive outfits did boat diving, am I wrong? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom