Ancient Roman city Sirmium underwater video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digitalnistudio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm professionally in TV business about 15 years. In last 2 years me and my friends are making a documentary underwater film about ancient Roman capital city Sirmium where were 10 roman emperors. Yellow Seal is the name of the diving club in Sremska Mitrovica. Members of this club and me are exploring river Sava. We filmed scenes never seen before and I decided to make documentary film named Yellow Seal. In trailer you can see the ruins of the ancient roman Artemis bridge where Sts. Irinej was killed, parts of roman arts, harbour, galley, coins, nails and other artifacts. Also there is a French military boat sunken in Second World War, many anchors and prehistoric bones and that's not all. Here in river Sava you can discover many stories and make more than one film. The best of all is that nobody has dived in Sava before. Nothing of that has been ever filmed because people think that is impossible to see anything in mud waters. That's wrong as you can see. It's important to know the water and to know when is possible to film and where. If you are interested for a real discovery of river Sava and ancient Sirmium, please contact me. You can come to Serbia to dive together with us and be our guests.

You can see video here:
YouTube - Yellow Seal Trailer by Branislav Ninkovic

Everything you need about Sirmium you can find here:
Sirmium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have good memories of Serbia. Nice people.

Interesting footage there, some good archaeology! There must be some current in that river to not allow silt to build up on the bottom.

I have logged Sava in my memory bank if I ever get to return

Thanks for that

Seadeuce

Hello, my name is Bojan Dragojlovic from Subotica. I would be very much interested to dive with you on the ruins of Sirmium!
What is the depth, visibility, river current strong or not?
I have no problem with dark and murky water, I did night dives in both egypt and danube in apatin. And we usualy dive veliki Bajski kanal in Bezdan and its quite murky and sometimes pitch black on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom