Analox O2Ell Fault or O2 Sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graeme Fraser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All

My Analox O2Ell appears to have stopped working and not sure if it's just the o2 sensor or the unit itself. Usually when I've had sensors expire, they've gradually started giving inaccurate readings. However this one is only about 10 month's old, with low to moderate use.

Yesterday it was working perfectly but today will only read between 0.01 to 0.03 when I turn the calibration knob. Apart from that, nothing, even if I unplug and replug the sensor and battery. I also tried it on a range of mix's up to 100%.

I'm a bit reluctant to splash £100+ for a new sensor if it's actually the device that's faulty, so would welcome any input from anyone who knows what the problem is likely to be.

Many thanks. G

You could check the output of the sensor with a multimeter. Not sure what the reading should be but I am sure that someone on the rebreather forum could tell you.

Did you check the batteries? The issue maybe with the batteries.
Yes, changed the 9v battery, but no luck. Thanks anyway.

You could check the output of the sensor with a multimeter. Not sure what the reading should be but I am sure that someone on the rebreather forum could tell you.
Worth a shot. I'll ask one of my more electronically minded mate's for a hand. Thanks.

I'm a bit reluctant to splash £100+ for a new sensor

That is way too much, I think that I priced it a while back for around half this figure. I'll try to find the site for you and post it here.

Here, choose the appropriate version:

Most likely this one:

or this one:

That is way too much, I think that I priced a while back for around half this figure. I'll try to find the site for you and post it here.

Here, choose the appropriate version:

Most likely this one:

or this one:

Thanks @BoltSnap that's a lot easier to swallow. I'm going to switch out a mate's sensor today, just to make sure it's not the device, then go ahead with the one from Vandagraph. 👍

Thanks @BoltSnap that's a lot easier to swallow. I'm going to switch out a mate's sensor today, just to make sure it's not the device, then go ahead with the one from Vandagraph. 👍
Will be waiting to read your results. Very curious about the cause of the issue. Good luck to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom