Anacapa Pictures 8-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
No black sea bass today, just little critters:

Navanax:

navanax2_s.jpg

Hermit crab:

hermit2_s.jpg

Hermit crab leaving home:

hermit4_s-1.jpg

Hardly ever see these two in the same frame:

sheepsheadgaribaldi_s.jpg

Lovely shots Ken, I particularly like the Hermit Crab :).

You've got great lighting too and also the sand in your area looks almost like the muck diving/black sand from lembeh :).

Thanks caloy and Jam. Caloy I am really starting to get depressed about the black sea bass situation. I will probably have to bite the bullet and make a few trips to Catalina where, at certain sites, they are seen much more reliably than at Anacapa. Jam the island sand is dark in many areas but MUCH more granular than at Lembeh. If you stir things up at Anacapa it usually dissipates in a few seconds. At Lembeh, as I recall, if you stir it up you get this huge black nuclear cloud that hangs around for days :). Plus at the CA Channel Islands there is almost always surge in the shallow areas that makes photography difficult in some respects (hanging on, finding subject, etc.) but it sure helps to dissipate any particulate stuff that you stir up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom