An Open Letter to US Dive Shops.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
Open Letter to all Dive Shops and SCUBA Certification Agencies:

I have been Diving for 5years and as a customer to many dive shops I expect that my transactions with your business are a private matter. While I did not formally state that you may not disclose my name as a customer I feel this is an assumption that most of us make when dealing with businesses.

I am an American citizen by birth and truly value the ideals that founded this government. Recently there has been speculation published by the FBI that terrorist want to develop SCUBA skills. It has also been reported that the FBI is asking for lists of students trained in the last 3 years. I feel that if our governmental agents want to research an individual that is fine and if you feel like you should answer questions that is fine, but to give a list of everyone who has been trained without a court order (warrant) is an unreasonable search and seizure (4th amendment). If these agents have a warrant for this information then you have an obligation under our system of laws to comply. All I am asking is that you not volunteer information to the government that they are not entitled to.

This country was founded on the concepts of freedom and individual rights I feel that it is my right as an individual to keep my information private.

Thank you,

An American Diver

Double Dittos .....(not the Rush Limbaugh kind though).....just regular everyday dittos!!

"S*** Stu, my grandmother has an FBI file..."
Richard Dreyfus in 'The American President'

agrees with dashmatrix! i could see the smoke from 911 from my town. my county lost the most people of any other county. i say give the damn list to the FBI. I have nothing to hide.
911 How easy we forget!

another long dead thread resurrected. Check the dates on the original posts.

In the four years since this was a posted issue, the Feebies have moved on to the real important stuff like no shoes on airplanes.

Look, in 4 years they haven't even grabbed-up Padre Pug.

Relax, the dive industry is off the radar screen. Until some whale rips a f@rt in some Arabic language- then, it's off to the races.

Can I put my defog goo in my checked bags? What about silicone implants?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom