An idea...

Could we do clean up dives at Santa Monica Pier.

• A great Idea! If you do it, sign me up!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Cool, do it, but not for me.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I'll block you at every turn!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's too dangerous, it'll never work, etc, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Malibu, CA is where I spend most of my dive time.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What would you say to a Santa Monica Pier clean-up dive? I'm thinking, close the pier to fishing for one weekend. Draw #'s to see which team goes first, second, etc. Have prizes for most trash, best trash, most unique piece of junk, along those lines. Divide the entry times up by # of entries, so each team gets a equal minute start over the next team in the order. Maybe run it for eighteen hours, so some would be night dives.

Any tips, suggestions, reasons it won't work, reasons it will work?

You might want to see what is lined up for Coastal Cleanup in mid-September. There are usually two underwater sites === Santa Monica pier and Redondo pier. I haven't looked yet, but there might be something on the Heal the Bay website -www.healthebay.org. Oddly enough, both of these sites get nasty grades for water quality even in dry weather.

We so something similar here in Austin every year. Hundreds of divers pull mountains of trash out of the lake every year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom