An E Zer way 2 pull fins off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KCIREVAM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I can not pull my fins off E Z with my booties on after a dive. I am handicaped and can not do a figure 4 with 1 leg. I would like a hand hold incorporated, or an open slot 2 remove my fins, may B near the tip of the fin.

KCIREVAM:
I can not pull my fins off E Z with my booties on after a dive. I am handicaped and can not do a figure 4 with 1 leg. I would like a hand hold incorporated, or an open slot 2 remove my fins, may B near the tip of the fin.
If they are getting stuck in the foot opening, putting a small hole near the toe side of the opening will help prevent the bootie from sealing in (hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand).

I can't do the figure 4 with one leg either. I remove the spring on my heel and slip it to the back side of the fin. Then if I am at a place I can stand I step on the fin from my bag side with my good side and pull my foot out. Then with reg in mouth pop down to get my fin. If on a boat, I bend my foot behind me to put the spring on the back side and then with reg in mouth sort of kneel in the water in a crouching position and pull the fin off from the front. I keep the good side fin on until the last moment.

The method I use is to flip my spring strap off then grasp the side wail of the fin near the foot pocket and pull from there. If you are someplace where you are not worried about the fins being swept away a few foot wiggles after the strap is off will often unseat them. I don't really use the figure 4 to doff.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom