An amazing discovery made while spearfishing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s cool!

Great video!!

@virgili
You never fail to amaze and entertain !
This was definitely amazing and entertaining- enjoyed it so i watched it twice
Apparently in shallow water judging from the sounds and movement.

Have you notified the authorities ? Will it be protected from treasure hunters and marine salvaging for profit ?

Several months ago I visited the San Pedro Maritime museum in San Pedro California to visit an old friend -for possibly the last time - a huge anchor we salvaged on June 4 1960 off Catalina Island- One lost their life on the salvage in 110 feet of water. Now with the passage of time I am the only one remaining alive who was a participant of that event . Time marches on old friend

Keep up the good work ! it is appreciated !

Samuel Miller, III

Thanks for sharing!

Thank's for your friendly feedback!
Wreck at about 10/ 15 m depth in pretty clear waters
Soundtrack added by editing the vid..
Found in the corals copper nails
Dove there for about 1/2h then took off keeping on spearfishing,,,
Thought could be a pirate frigate... Treasure will remain in my head!
"A parenthese opens and closes!" :happywave:

@virgili

Copper nails !

Memories of my childhood !

My grand father was born on the Missouri frontier during the American civil war, migrated to So Ill where he buit a small cabin using the pioneer square nails.

As he prospered and his family increased he abandoned the cabin for a larger modern home. Portions of the cabin was used in the great house and or used to construct other buildings.

In the process the square nails were no longer used and could often be located on the site of the original cabin.

When me or one of my cousins found a square nail we would have our grand father heat in the forge and pound on his anvil and shape it in to a prized "Nail Ring."

I suspect a forge and an anvil are rather scarce in your area but the copper nails ? With out too much effort they also could be shaped into a Nail Ring--

Good luck and keep on posting

Sam Miller, III

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom