Amorita Resort question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning a trip to the Bohol area next month, and I was looking into the Amorita resort. However, I was not sure if it will be suitable for my wife, who has multiple sclerosis. I see from pictures that the resort is on a cliff, and I do not know how many steps there are down to the beach. A friend of mine who was there thought that there were a lot of steps (maybe 60 or so). From the pictures on the website, it does not look like the cliff is that high. My wife can handle 15 or 20 steps a couple of times a day without any problem, but 60 sounds like a lot for her (maybe me, too). Has anyone been there who can give me an idea of how much of a vertical hike this may be? Thanks in advance.

From what I remember from 3 years ago the path from the main hall/dining area down to the beach is quite steep with lots of steps. The cottages are also far apart. I think you should contact the resort just to be sure. It is also at the far end of Alona beach and I remember that it was an effort to lug my gear from the dive shop (phil fun divers) to the resort especially under the hot sun.

From what I remember from 3 years ago the path from the main hall/dining area down to the beach is quite steep with lots of steps. The cottages are also far apart. I think you should contact the resort just to be sure. It is also at the far end of Alona beach and I remember that it was an effort to lug my gear from the dive shop (phil fun divers) to the resort especially under the hot sun.

Thanks Richard. I appreciate the feedback. I do plan to contact them in any case, just to be safe. With respect to dive operators, I heard that Sea Explorers recently got that concession. Perhaps they will help with lugging gear, but I will see.

Erwin

You will have to use the stairs to the beach to get to all the businesses along the beach. The street that leads to Amorita is a dead end one called Ester A. Lim Dr. To go anyplace outside that road you have to take a tricycle taxi or other means of transportation or WALK.
Check out MY MAP of the Alona Beach area and see if it helps you.

Amorita is #8 on my map and Sea Explorers is #14. It's on the beach within a reasonable walking distance but not sure if your wife wants to do it going and coming considering her MS?

Getting someone to carry your gear for a tip is no problem.

You will have to use the stairs to the beach to get to all the businesses along the beach. The street that leads to Amorita is a dead end one called Ester A. Lim Dr. To go anyplace outside that road you have to take a tricycle taxi or other means of transportation or WALK.
Check out MY MAP of the Alona Beach area and see if it helps you.

Amorita is #8 on my map and Sea Explorers is #14. It's on the beach within a reasonable walking distance but not sure if your wife wants to do it going and coming considering her MS?

Getting someone to carry your gear for a tip is no problem.

Thanks for the information, Jim. I think that all things considered, Alona Vida will be the best bet for us. The only problem with that is the noise, but I am hoping I can request a room far from the bar to take care of that. That way we will be closer to more restaurants, and no steps to contend with.

Thanks also for your map, incidentally. It is really helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom