Amigos under new ownership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my LDS.
Found out in a random FB group Wayne has sold his shop from new owner.
Supposedly no changes in how fills are done.
Happy for Wayne...I have only been up here for a couple of years and he is always a great guy to chat and deal with.

I vaguely recall seeing this posted somewhere. Facebook perhaps? He sold and is retiring I believe. He has earned it!

I only met Wayne at DEMA. A friend of mine introduced me to him. He was incredibly helpful with advice on setting up a fill station. If there was ever anyone who had authority on this subject, it would be him. The volume of gas that went through his fill station is simply mind boggling.

End of an era. Hopefully it stays similar in mindset and we don't have a huge change like we had with DO.

Wayne rubbed some people the wrong way, but he was always very pleasant with me.

Wayne seemed like a good guy even back when he was pumping gas at Cave Excursions East...and taking pictures of people's car license plates for his souvenir album. The Amigos operation is one of a kind, and a tribute to his personality and his belief in people.

and a tribute to his personality and his belief in people.
100% agree. One of the most trusting ex-law enforcements I've ever met. He's dealt with alot of bad actor scum and yet he'd lay out thousands of dollars in gear with not a person around for miles and just said "bring it back when your done". An incredible helpful diver who would help anyone.

Met Bruce last weekend. Seems like a good guy, not a cave diver yet but super eager to be part of the community. Seems very interested in keeping the current business model which is good to know. Got friendly vibes from him which was pleasantly surprising.

Same, and because he is rather active the banks are very well filled these days. Which is a problem I've had with Wayne over the past year, showing up and the highest bank is at like 3,400psi.

That would be Bruce Gillingham, right? His name hasn't appeared yet, I don't think.
How does he have time to do Amigos...he still has his other two jobs, doesn't he?

That would be Bruce Gillingham, right? His name hasn't appeared yet, I don't think.
How does he have time to do Amigos...he still has his other two jobs, doesn't he?
Correct, not sure about what else he does, may have sold business or if he's running them he can run remote? Didn't get that far into it. What are the other 2 jobs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom