Amed, Bali - Feb/Mar 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
the last time I went to Bali for diving, I missed Amed as I decided to stay the entire time in Tulamben. This time I think I will stay at least a week in Amed. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the links I had to Amed accommodation and I'm really hoping you guys can offer some suggestions coz the one I remember, I can't find LOL

I'm looking for economy at under $50 Australian/day, beach front or at least with a beautiful view from my patio area. I like to chill out on a private patio/balcony more than I like to hang at the communal pool when I am not diving. But a nice pool area is always a plus, just not a necessity. I don't need spas and extra services. Warungs close by for meals is better than an onsite restaurant for me as I haven't had much luck at "restaurants" in Bali, but have loved every local shack I've eaten at so far. I know there are several options and I know there are some I can't find in my searches.

it doesn't strictly have to be by the ocean, I guess. In Tulamben I wasn't ocean front but could see a strip of sea from my balcony once I moved to the upper room, otherwise I did have a fine pool/gardeny type view.

All ideas welcome!!

I stay at Waa Waa Wee Wee villas #2 in Amed, right on the beach, no frills but clean and tidy, and dive with John at Eco Dive.

Alcina,
We stayed at Hotel Uyah Amed last month - lovely hotel with beautiful view of Agung Volcano and amed bay. we dived with their in-house Amed dive center.
You'll find this hotel easily as it's the first hotel once you enter Amed.

I have this view from our villa's patio
Hotel_Uyah_Pool.jpg

as well as this view

Sunrise3.jpg

They have their own house reef, ie. ghost bay, it's muck diving site, no coral, home for plenty of lionfish, ghost pipefish, moray eel and lot of long arm octopus on the night dive.
But what realy amaze me, less than 5 minute boat from their house reef - we saw at least 8 (eight) harlequin shrimps - could be more as my daughter told me she saw few very very tinny ones - which were too small for my old eyes.
I promised to them not reveal the exact location as they worry somebody will move them into new location. Note- this what many people suspect on Seraya secret - no more harlequin shrimp there.

Here one of them
Harlequin_Shrimp_4.jpg

I stay at Waa Waa Wee Wee villas #2 in Amed, right on the beach, no frills but clean and tidy, and dive with John at Eco Dive.

+1 on EcoDive as an operator. If you're into muck diving, don't overlook Jemeluk Bay (the 'house' reef for EcoDive)

Back
Top Bottom