Ambergris dive shop that lets you dive the full tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have a recommendation for a dive shop that lets you dive your full tank? I saw a lot of recommendations for Belize Pro Dive Center on SB, but some Trip Advisor reviews mentioned that their dives were limited to 40-45 minutes. We'll also be renting gear.

We're moderate level divers and prefer small boats. We'll be staying at Tres Cocos. We also plan on diving Blue Hole, but we can use a different shop that day.

I don’t have any experience with any shops off of AC... but...

Look for shops that don’t go out more than once a day... or offer trips further out.

If there is a morning and afternoon boat.. then they’ll need to stick to a fairly strict schedule to get all guests back and forth, and to recharge the cylinders to keep everyone happy, including staff.

_R

A month or so ago we dove there with Scuba School and Family Dive Center, those dives lasted ~1 hour, and ended when we were low on air (let them know at 1K psi, surfacing with 500-700). I suppose there could be a limit we don't breath well enough to have experienced, but short of the shallow specialty dives we did (like night), we were coming up based on our air, not the length of the dive. I thought they were a good shop, and I would use them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom