Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadancer:
We're going to Ambergris Caye in July. Has anyone ever stayed at the Tides Resort? They have a dive shop on location.

Doesnt really matter that they have a dive shop on location, at least to me. Almsot any dive op on ambergris will come pick you up on the dock at your resort. I am not sure what dive shop is at the Tides but I would recommend checking out other dive shops as well. I dove with Protech...great dives, great boats, great DM's, and another op I have heard good things about is Amigos Del Mar.

Stayed there 3-4 years ago for a few days. Did several day trips with the on site dive shop. Would go back, would dive with them again. Watched the owner work with a teen to certify them and was impressed with his patience. Only did the local reef, did not go out to Turneffe from there.

ditto the Amigos del Mar, and theres a guy who works out of his resort, its called el pescador, but the dive op is Under da Sea, Alonso is his name, love him. Prolly my favorite dm so far

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom