Ambergris Caye Belize - dive of a lifetime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds great! but thats right in the middle of my fall semester, so no dice :( i've been looking around for a 'low' cost dive trip down south over thanksgiving week to no avail, and belize woulda been sweeeeeeet.

Sorry to hear that it does not fit in your schedule this year.

This will be my first trip to blue water this year, and I am so looking forward to getting salty and checking out all the marine life in the area.

There is a lot of diving to do in Ambergris Caye but when you are not diving here are some other things to do besides lay by the pool with a nice cold drink.

Ambergris Cay Things To Do - Attractions & Must See - VirtualTourist

sounds great! but thats right in the middle of my fall semester, so no dice :( i've been looking around for a 'low' cost dive trip down south over thanksgiving week to no avail, and belize woulda been sweeeeeeet.

How many of you in the group?

Sorry to hear that it does not fit in your schedule this year.

This will be my first trip to blue water this year, and I am so looking forward to getting salty and checking out all the marine life in the area.

There is a lot of diving to do in Ambergris Caye but when you are not diving here are some other things to do besides lay by the pool with a nice cold drink.

Ambergris Cay Things To Do - Attractions & Must See - VirtualTourist

Did you get the PM I sent you?

Did you get the PM I sent you?

Yes, I will give you a call.

Another cool thing that I liked when I was staying in Ambergris Caye last time was that the Island is not that long and like 1/2 mile wide. Staying downtown this time I don't think I will need a golf cart like the last trip I was 4 miles from San Pedro. This time we are right in the heart of downtown area. I think it is awesome because it has that laid back OLD Caribbean feel that you don't find in the more commercialized Islands.
It is all about Scuba Diving all day all the time, water water water and much marine life to explore.

San Pedro Town, Belize Maps, Ambergris Caye

:popcorn:

The island is actually 25 miles long, and there are resorts over most of that length.

My wife and I were on Ambergris for a week in late October a couple of years back. We dove with Ecologic and had a great time. Ya'll are going to have fun! This year we will be leaving for the Galapogos on mid-November or I would be severely tempted.

Did not realize your wife is a diver!! I suppose it's because she is evidently not a SWAMPdiver, huh?

Did not realize your wife is a diver!! I suppose it's because she is evidently not a SWAMPdiver, huh?

What of kind of foo would say something like that? Of course she's a swamper. She's dived with me hasn't she?

On a similar note, Natalie and I went out the Terrell last week for a couple of hours of snorkeling. She's getting pretty good!

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its down to hours until the flight to Belize takes off tomorrow morning.

The day has come to enjoy the week of diving in Belize.

Thanks to all who decided to participate.

Look forward to booking our dives tomorrow afternoon in Ambergris Caye.

More trip reports to follow I hope.

See ya all soon,

:D

Can't wait to hear about your trip :)

Back
Top Bottom