Ambergris Caye - any kids clubs at hotels nowadays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunTunnel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I was last on Ambergris Caye about 12 years ago so I'm sure it's changed a fair bit since then, and I am starting to plan a trip to get back out there with my family. I've got a couple of young kids who are almost 2 and 4 respectively, so it's been a bit challenging going on diving holidays recently.

My question is: does anyone know if there are now any 'kids clubs' or similar at any hotels on the island?

I know some hotels can arrange babysitting services, but I was hoping to find a place that catered to the kids, while Mum & Dad go off diving in the mornings. If not, then I guess apart from bringing someone along, our only choice would be a babysitter, but I'm always a little hesitant to have someone watch my kids alone that I don't really know.

I did try to search the archives, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for so sorry in advance if a similar question has been asked before.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers!

Ollie

We have had very good luck with resort supplied babysitters. Helen from El Pescador was amazing. She is the back up for the owner. The owner has a fulltime nanny living on the property who has become part of the family. When she is not available, the owner uses Helen. helen lives in town and gets around by bike and foot.

We have also used Abby from Captain Morgan's. Abby was great, but very busy since she was taking care of kids from multiple families. She never watched the kids at the same time, but frequently she was not available when we needed her. She lives behind the Captain Morgans property in her own home. If you call Captain Morgans front desk, you can probably ask to leave Abby a message. When she is not babysitting, she is working for the resort.

An alternative is to stay somewhere where the proprietors/managers have young kids. Tranquility Bay is a lovely place to stay and offers superb diving, and it could be that your child-minding needs might coincide with those of the two young Canadians who run the place. I'd certainly sound them out.

Back
Top Bottom