http://www.diveheart.org/

Amazon sells Shark products.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_addiction

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recently discovered that Amazon sells Shark products ranging from Thresher shark steak to Shark Cartilage tablets for osteporosis.

Please sign and share this petition to help us stop Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon) allowing these products to be sold on his website!-

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/a-...he-sale-of-shark-products-from-their-website/

Other shark products sold.

Seafoodxpress-Fresh Thresher Shark Fillets, 2lbs
Great Gourmet Fresh Mako Shark (3 lbs.)
NOW Foods Shark Cartilage 750mg, 300 Capsules
Shark Cartilage, 750mg, 300 Capsules from All Nature
Australia Shark Cartilage 750 Mg, 00 Capsules
Shark Cartilage Treats - 46 oz
Shark Cartilage Powder 16 Ounces (1 Pound) By: Kismet Kreations
Shark Cartilage Treats - 16 oz

The Tank Bangers- https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheTankBangers/ Join Us!

Just to be clear on things (since the reviews and the OP don't make it clear):

Amazon isn't selling the product itself. The product is being sold by a third-party affiliate through the Amazon site. I don't know if Amazon reviews each affiliate's items or not.

In my experience online petitions aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Go to the items and send feedback on those items.

Actual product- Seafoodxpress-Fresh Thresher Shark Fillets, 2lbs: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Proof that online petitions work- Food Network Ditches Shark Meat After 30,000 Sign Change.org Petition

By allowing Shark products to be sold, Amazon is condoning shark killings. When emailed, Amazon replied 'We must cater to the customers needs'. So they are even aware that these products are being advertised on their website.

It takes 30 seconds max to sign a petition and they can have an effect if enough people sign. And they aren't printed. :)

Which you'll see is being sold by "Seafoodxpress" not Amazon.

So one case out of how many? And I'm willing to bet that direct contact made them aware before any petition just sitting on some site did.

By allowing Shark products to be sold, Amazon is condoning shark killings. When emailed, Amazon replied 'We must cater to the customers needs'. So they are even aware that these products are being advertised on their website.
Please post the email. For one, I'd like to know if it was a reply by an actual person or an automated reply. And if it was an actual reply then who was it and where do they sit in the food chain. Often times you have to move your way up the chain in order to get someone that can actually make a decision.

It takes 30 seconds max to sign a petition and they can have an effect if enough people sign. And they aren't printed. :)
If they aren't printed and they aren't worth what they are printed on what does that tell you about their worth?

Which you'll see is being sold by "Seafoodxpress" not Amazon.

So one case out of how many? And I'm willing to bet that direct contact made them aware before any petition just sitting on some site did.

Please post the email. For one, I'd like to know if it was a reply by an actual person or an automated reply. And if it was an actual reply then who was it and where do they sit in the food chain. Often times you have to move your way up the chain in order to get someone that can actually make a decision.

If they aren't printed and they aren't worth what they are printed on what does that tell you about their worth?

I added the actual productso that people like yourself could go onto the page and send feedback like you suggested.

I gave a genuine factual source to prove that online petitions work.

And the fact the petitions aren't printed in my mind is even better as they are environmentally friendly.

If you have issues with online petitions then I kindly suggest you move away from the Good causes, Petitions and Solicitations forum.

Have a nice day :)

Just to be clear on things (since the reviews and the OP don't make it clear):

Amazon isn't selling the product itself. The product is being sold by a third-party affiliate through the Amazon site. I don't know if Amazon reviews each affiliate's items or not.

In my experience online petitions aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Go to the items and send feedback on those items.

+1 to that. Amazom just took down the shark fin cakes they were advertising and it was due to the HUGE number of negitive reviews on the cakes.

Back
Top Bottom