Amazing testimonial for UK lights/Duracell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buccaneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my wife and I were diving up in the San Juan Islands. For non-locals that's WA state near Canada cold water diving. We dropped in at Cones. As my wife and her buddy reach bottom at 45 ft, she goes to activate her UK light cannon, and the switch fails (to be fair it is getting old w/ 0ver well 200 dives) Needless to say she was really bummed. So her and her buddy start their dive. They only get about 3 kick-cycles, when she looks down and sees a totally encrusted UK C4 eLED. This light was completely covered in hard growth. It had to have been on the bottom for at least a year minimum. SO, more as a joke than anything, she shows it to her dive buddy and in an overly exxagerated manner, flips it on. To their surprise it instantly lights up, and at full power, like it was brand new!

She went on to make 3 more dives over the next two days, using it as her primary light. It worked flawlessly! I got it home and spent 1/2 an hour cleaning and scraping and got 90% of the growth off. It now sits with the rest of my lights and I plan on using it regularly. I can't wait to see when these batteries finally die.

That's wayy too cool!

I had problems with mine turnng on as well. It ended up being a loose screw in the switch. I was able to turn the switch 360 degrees. I haven't had back in the water since fixing, hopefully ther isn't a special seal there that needed attention as well. We'll see it floods on next time I use it.

Back
Top Bottom