Amazing dive sites in the South Pacific? Beautiful beaches and nature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flygmyran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
I am thinking of going to the Cook Islands in September. Since I am from Sweden I want to take the opportunity to see a bit more while I am in that part of the world. (3-4weeks)

I have been thinking of Vanuatu, Samoa or perhaps a Liveaboard in Fiji.

I prefer the combination of "paradise beaches" and great diving. But I can do either in some of the places if there is some thing exceptional under or above the surface.

I have only been diving about a year. But I have 51 logged dives from Tobago, Bahamas (6 different spices of shark including the amazing Hammerhead), Liveaboard in the GBR and the South Red Sea. Been to Fiji but only snorkeling.
I have been snorkeling with Humbackwhales in Tonga and dived with the amazing Weedy Sea Dragon outside Sydney. Two of the best days in my life!

I have two Liveaboard trips in the "pipeline". Socorro-Maxico in March -15 and Raja Ampat -Indonesia April-2016. Hoping for Mantas and whale sharks but also amazing small stuff. Can't wait!

I love big animals but I also dream of the colorful aquarium like dives.

So fingers crossed that you can "steer" me right.

Ps. I would love any suggestions of spectacular dive sites around the world for future references.

Thanks in advance from a spectacularly beautiful Sweden at the moment!

/Marianne

Vanuatu...still wild enough to be beautiful and you are just a short flight away from Tana where the people are truly unspoiled by our stupid ideas (they have their own equally stupid ideas!) and the volcano puts on a show not to be missed. You can also dive the Coolidge and get those lovely aquarium dives in. Vanuatu Tourism Office - Information on Vanuatu Islands, all Resorts, Hotels, Motels, Lodges, Island Bungalows in Vanuatu, Adventure, Cultural, Eco Tours, Dive, Fishing, Yachting, and Events in Vanuatu

Fiji's Rainbow reef for the aquarium dives. Dive from Taveuni Island into the Samasoto Straight, Great White Wall been the big draw but honestly, all the dive sites there have so much colorful soft coral and fish life.

The diving in Rangiroa was some of the best I have seen anywhere in the world. You have a combination of the big animals in the passes, and some of the most spectacular, untouched reefs anywhere on the outer edges. There is not much scenery, though, because there isn't much land at all :)

Scenery and beaches we got elsewhere, in places like Bora Bora, but the diving wasn't particularly good.

Agree with Rangi being up there with the best diving in the world...easily on par with Papua New Guinea - perhaps Rangi for diving combined with Moorea and Tahiti for topside scenery - while Bora Bora is beautiful there is actually not much to do there at all. Tahiti Island itself has some really interesting things to see like the Lava tubes, Grottos and Blow holes.
PNG conversely is also benchmark diving and the topside scenery is unbelievable but most of the PNG diving is LOB as the mainland is generally not a safe place to be wandering around other than on a guided walk which land and LOB operations like Walindi plantation can organise for you. However they will be short excursions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom