Am I missing something with the Aqualung 470?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grateful head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a follow up to a thread regarding wrist watch sized dive computers. One of the computers I have been researching is the AL 470. It ticks a lot of boxes, at least for me. It’s size, air integration, Bluetooth, made in the U.S, made by Pelagic which I thought had,has a solid reputation, computer looks stylish,... aside from a couple of individuals who posted on the other thread about the 470, there isn’t much to read or research about it. Any thoughts as to why? I would absolutely love to get the Teric but with the amount of recreational diving I do, I can’t justify the price. Anybody have firsthand info on the 470 or thoughts in general about why it doesn’t get more attention? Thanks

Choice of decompression algorithm is personal. I find PZ+ too conservative. I dive DSAT and Buhlmann at a GF high of 95. The Aqua Lung may be fine for you. Have you been diving with a computer, what deco algorithm?

Choice of decompression algorithm is personal. I find PZ+ too conservative. I dive DSAT and Buhlmann at a GF high of 95. The Aqua Lung may be fine for you. Have you been diving with a computer, what deco algorithm?
An old Suunto mosquito....

A great way to get a $500 discount on a Teric, don’t buy the aqualung.

An old Suunto mosquito....
Hi @Grateful head

The Mosquito runs Suunto RGBM. If you are running it on personal setting P0 (least conservative), it would be considered middle of the road/moderate to conservative. First dive NDLs are very similar to PZ+. It tends to become more conservative than PZ+ on repetitive dives, especially if you violate some of its operating rules (short SI, fast ascent, perhaps things like sawtooth or reverse profile)

So your Mosquito probably gives you a reasonable approximation of how PZ+ would run, especially, 1st, clean dives.

you will find this board slants heavily towards Buhlmann algorithms because of the tec slant of the board. The other algorithms are proprietary and closed, they don't show you exactly what they are calculating and why; whereas Buhlmann is a lot more open.

AL is a good brand and makes good kit. If you don't have any tec ambitions the 470 will do you well. The only other drawback to it is it does not have a new fangled color screen that is all the rage, but it's all choices.

Teric is still 1k
And worth it but you can also find them used but if you want the Teric go for it, don’t buy something that you don’t want.

Teric is still 1k

LeisurePro has OCi for $500. Unless one has an unhealthy addiction to Bluetooth, or the brand, it's hard to see why pick an i470 over it for the same money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom