Always wear a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought I had replied to this thread, but checked all nine pages and see that I hadn't.
I live in north Florida and primarily dive our local springs, caverns and caves. I always wear the only dive suit I own, an old 3mm. (My second, although I'll likely get another new one soon.)
Most of my dives are in 71 degree water for 90 minutes or so. If I'm elsewhere, like NY or CA, I'll rent a 7mm farmer john, which has worked fine for me in 41 degree water for dives as long as 90 minutes. And if I'm just doing an open water or short cavern dive with my son and daughter, I usually skip the wetsuit and just wear swim trunks with a rash-guard shirt. (Which I also wear usually in salt water in FL.)
I've always been a warm or hot natured person as compared to others. We seem to be in the minority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom