Alternative to X-shorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplacson:
Does anyone know any other alternatives to those X-shorts? (The shorts with pockets)

Gluing the pockets onto your suit(s) rather than using the silly shorts.

Well, unfortunately, I use a 1.5mm suit. And almost everyone I ask says that it's gonna rip my suit. If anyone has glued pockets to a 1.5mm or thinner suit without any tearing, then I'll try it.

The Dive Rite thigh pockets are pretty small. I wouldn't want to try to carry much more than a spool or two in there. By the time you add wetnotes, shears, a sausage or liftbag and whatever else you're going to be hardpressed to get your hands even in there.

10" high x 6" wide x 2.5" deep is small? Dang.

How big are your pockets? And do you actually have any suggestions for him?

My thoughts exactly... 10 x 6 is small?!?!!? :p I actually find them a bit too big. I may get the slate pocket thing instead and maybe sew some webbing onto it to make it slip on my BC like the thigh pocket does.

jplacson:
Does anyone know any other alternatives to those X-shorts? (The shorts with pockets)

Are you kidding me? Why wouldn't you want to wear these? If I say so myself, I look quite dashing and cut a fine figure in these things... :11:

Oy.

Where are Joan and Melissa when you really need them....

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom