Alternative case for Peregrine? (no band disassembly)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have a Shearwater Peregrine, but find the included padded case ridiculous.

Once you attach the wristband to it, the screws are threadlocked on, and even Shearwater mentions you shouldn't disassemble more than 5x or so because of this without re-applying more threadlock.

However, the Peregrine with band simply doesn't fit back into the padded case with the band attached. Yes maybe you could remove the foam and toolcase separate, but even then you'd have to awkwardly jam the peregrine back in and crush the band.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a SMALL padded case where I could maybe cut out custom foam? Or maybe Shearwater team you could design a case that makes sense for this computer?

Ditch the inner padding and it’ll be fine.

I might have an older Petrel zippered container I’d sell cheaply, will confirm when I return home.

Here’s an idea - unless you’re flying with it, do you even need a case? Both my Perdix get put into reg bag nestled among my sidemount reg set. I only drive places.

If you have to have a case, DGX has a padded drawstring bag or a case. I’ve used the padded bag before.

Drawstring bag

Case

Agreed with dropping the Peregrine in the case without the foam, and in my case, the SW case goes in the reg bag.

I do just wear my Teric on my wrist when I travel, one less case to worry about, but the Peregrine is bigger so… solution above.

Back
Top Bottom