Alor Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone dove the Alor area and stayed with www.alor-divers.com?

I am trying to decide weather to go to Raja Ampat stay and dive with Sorido Resort or go to Alor in December.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Travelinsj,
I have been to Alor http://www.dutchpickle.com/indonesia/alor/
but haven't dived there.
I have seen their resort on Pantar and it is in a remote but lovely location. As an American you might be out of place there.
note another dive shop www.dive-alor.com is based out of Kalabahi and is a better choice for you. For any questions contact me through my site.
Another option is the LePetite Kepa a friendly French owned shop on a small island across the channel from Alor.

Hi Dutch,

Thanks for the info.....I am thinking of doing this in 2008 in combination with another trip to East Timor....really enjoyed that diving.....good to hear from you and I hope all is well.

dive the best in indonesia- Raja ampat, bunaken/lembeh and Sangalaki.
the rest of Indonesia are just okay but still better than other part of the world in term of the variety of fishes and corals.
if you are UW photographer you should go for Raja Ampat.

I am going to dive Wakatobi, Lembeh and Raja Ampat...staying a the sorido resort this year....I'll compare to East Timor and make a decision then....from everything I have heard....you are probably right....Thanks for the info.

I would like also to go to Alor soon; i was looking on internet an the resort from Alor divers looks great, seems much better option than staying in Kalabahi town. I don’t understand your point : As an American you might be out of place there. Can you tell me more...

I would like also to go to Alor soon; i was looking on internet an the resort from Alor divers looks great, seems much better option than staying in Kalabahi town. I don’t understand your point : As an American you might be out of place there. Can you tell me more...

Sorry, it was a poorly written response. Not sure what I was thinking.

In all fairness I have never been to the resort on Pulau Pantar but have gone past it from time to time. It is a beautiful location.

Maybe I should have written that staying in Kalabahi would be a better choice for me.

ps I quit drinking recently...

dp

Back
Top Bottom