ALOR--any activities for a non-diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brownie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A spot is available with Alor Divers this coming November, for 2 weeks--I am thinking of booking it. I usually do my dive travel solo, but my husband is considering making "the trek" with me. He's a healthy 73-year-old, avid bird watcher/hiker, very easy-going individual.

For those of you who have stayed with Alor Divers, are you aware of activities/tours available for non-divers? I realize snorkelling is available, but my husband even has difficulty wearing a face mask--he's a reticent swimmer. I'll email the resort for additional info as well.

Post-diving we could head to Denpasar and book tours to Ubud......I am concerned about 2 weeks at Alor Divers on Pantar Island, not for me, but for my good-natured spouse.

Another concern: I have located some "direct flights" from Kupang to Denpasar, KOE-DPS. Wondering if these flights are "for real", because the DPS-KOE route seems to be fictional. Overnighting in Kupang is not a concern.

TIA,
Elaine

The KOE-DPS flights are real.

My recollection is there is very little to do on Pantar. There is a walk along the beach at one end of the resort to a local village and as I recall a path/road at the other end that will take you to another village and then on to the rest of the island. I did neither - far too hot. There are a significant variety of birds in the resort and the local jungle.

There may be things to do but I was not made aware of them. Definitely check with the resort.

There are a few things to do on Alor, but that is a half hour boat ride away.

Thank you @Darnold9999 kind of what I expected; your feedback is much appreciated.

I think I will encourage hubby to "hold the fort" at home in Canada.......while I plumb the depths!:wink:

Hi, in addition to visiting the adjacent villages, there is a also a waterfall that is accessible by chartering a small truck. There is also a volcano to hike on Pantar, but it is not close to the resort… two weeks at Alor divers if you are not diving: bring lots of good books !

Another concern: I have located some "direct flights" from Kupang to Denpasar, KOE-DPS. Wondering if these flights are "for real", because the DPS-KOE route seems to be fictional.
There are DPS KOE flights operated by LionAir twice a day.
I took a KOE/DPS not later than 2 weeks ago.

Re- Activities on Pantar --> what frogfish says
Additionally Alor Divers can also setup daytrips to the dugong place near the airport on Alor island (not diving, especially for a male, it seems the Dugong has a real crush on male divers/snorkelers, it gets really intimate)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom