Alona Beach Dive Operator Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good dive operators in Alona Beach/Panglao area that cater to photographers/advanced divers/smaller groups?

I see plenty of good reviews of operators that look great for people wanting to do OW/AOW training, and for handling large groups (i.e., very large boats that can handle large loads of cylinders and divers at a time). That's wonderful for the right person but pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking for.

TIA!

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good dive operators in Alona Beach/Panglao area that cater to photographers/advanced divers/smaller groups?

I see plenty of good reviews of operators that look great for people wanting to do OW/AOW training, and for handling large groups (i.e., very large boats that can handle large loads of cylinders and divers at a time). That's wonderful for the right person but pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking for.

TIA!

It's been a long time, but I dove with Sunshine Divers, it was a smaller shop, swiss German owned so well run and had smaller groups and boats.

I’ve used both Haka and Alona Divers. Both are excellent.
For your needs, you may ask about Manny at Alona Divers. Great DM and aware of photo needs. Joey is the owner and can answer toe questions I’m sure.

Make sure you have chosen one with its own filling station!!! A lot of operators are depending on ONE supplier.
Smell the gas first before every dive if I were you!
I wonder if the situation has changed?

I highly recommend PrAna Divers, Dutch owned OP, with a big boat, very well organized, and small groups underwater.
During my 8 days diving with them, I was almost always alone with one of the owner, while other groups were having a course.
Very fair price and high ratings in apps like TripAdvisor.
Welcome - Dive With PrAna Bohol

Here is the video I made from my trip there. I really loved it:

Thanks for all the great suggestions buddies. I looked into these and a few more and ended up settling on Blue Revival. I liked that they are tec-friendly and operate with 8 divers max (most take 10, one of them regularly takes 15- too crowded for me).

I appreciate it and will let y’all know how it goes.

Happy diving, and good luck!

We dived with Philippine Fun Divers, I believe they have a maximum of 4-6 divers. Our group of 3 had our own (very good) dive guide.

Also: be sure to book in advance for Balicasag - like 2-3 months in advance.

I went with Philippines Fun Divers last year and arranged beforehand for private guide. They are very reactive with emailing. I had most of the time a speedboat for myself, when I wasn't diving Balicasag.
Otherwise SeaExplorers have very good senior filipino guides, ask for Alvin he's probably the best guide for the area. The problem is that Sea Explorers cannot guarantee guides sometimes. Went with them twice.
I would recommend both operations.

I liked that they are tec-friendly and operate with 8 divers max (most take 10, one of them regularly takes 15- too crowded for me).
8 divers, it is already quite a lot!
I don't recall we were that much customers on the boat with PrAna which are also Tec-friendly.
Their brand logo is even representing a twin-set
prana-logo-new.png

be sure to book in advance for Balicasag - like 2-3 months in advance.
I agree with this statement.
With the hype relative to Alona/Panglao diving and the new airport, it is mandatory to book well in advance if you want to go to Balicasag.
In high/peak season, like Christmas, New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year... It is impossible to go there if you didn't book your ticket weeks/months before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom