Almost Certified, where do I dive first? ATX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past month I've dived in Curacao, a shore dive off of Long Island under an old bridge, an offshore wreck off Eastern LI, and Lake Rawlings in VA.

I'm going to go with Curacao for my recommendation.

Don't count out the Paris Tunnels once you get your legs under you :wink:

I sure would have liked to visit the Paris Tunnels. Maybe one day we can all go there. I hear that was the original home for the Swamp Thing. Think he's still there?:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Next to Lake Travis & the Paris Tunnels of course where do you recomend for a fist dive?

My wife & I will be certified this weekend! Cant wait to go diving. We live just east of Austin. Where is the best place to dive? Does anyone have any info on Athens dive park or the Comal river? Is anyone up for babysitting some beginner divers in a couple of weeks when we go on our first dive?

Lake TRavis has many dive spots from shore. I like to go early and get done before the peak heat of the day.

If you want to hook up sometime soon we could do Bob Wentz at 8:30 AM or Mansfield DAm Scuba Park or or or.........so many choices in lake travis...

let me know :popcorn:

I'm recently certified as well. Been to Puerto Plata, DR and Cancun so far. Both were excellent trips! Can't really go wrong with anywhere in the Caribbean.

Frank...I keep hearing rumors of Paris tunnels. When are you going to tell us about them?

Frank said, "When you get you legs under you"... if it's as dry in Paris as it has been here in far east Texas, (burn ban for over a month now), all you'll need for the tunnels are high boots.... hip waders at the most! :D

btw, Frank, you heard from K-Valve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom