Allenhost and 35mm images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm wanting to post some pics after Cozumel later this month. I read the above thread about posting. Is it any different for 35mm vs. digital? I suppose I just join allenhost, scan the images and save them then follow the above directions. Does that sound about right? Also, is there a particular format that is best to save them in for posting? Thanks!

Ok, I'm playing with some old pics from a bird hunt. I'll see if I can get this show up. Thanks!

gt2003:

Ok, I'm playing with some old pics from a bird hunt. I'll see if I can get this show up. Thanks!

GT...Scan your images as .jpg files and there'll be no difference.

Here's some directions I posted earlier for embedding photos from Allenhost....

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=589796&postcount=7

Looks like "manage attachments" will work too as long as the pics aren't too big. Allenhost may be the answer, especially for only $3/month. Thanks for helping me get things straight prior to my trip. Hopefully I can contribute some good pics when I return. GT

Yes, the 'manage attachments' will let you upload a photo from your computer hard drive if it's 200K or under.

Lets see if a pic of the kiddos will scan to jpeg and be small enough to fit. Here it goes:

It worked! I'm scared!!! :D

Thanks for the help/encouragement. I look forward to posting something soon after the trip. I doubt it will live up to what I've seen posted already but I'll sure try.

gt2003:
Thanks for the help/encouragement. I look forward to posting something soon after the trip. I doubt it will live up to what I've seen posted already but I'll sure try.

We all had to start somewhere! I'm anxious to see what you come back with.

Back
Top Bottom