Alkin Mariner W32 compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timb

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any experience using the Alkin Mariner W32 compressor made by Airetex? I am getting ready to buy the 7.5hp single phase electrical version. If so, do you have the "refillable filter", and do you like it? Are you using a transformer for the unit, or is it running okay off of the regular 220 power supplied? Any good/bad comments on the unit? Problems?
I've spoken with the owner of the company, it seems like he offers pretty good service, but of course I would like to hear from others. I found it at $6500 new w/1 year warranty, it seems to be the best buy at that price.
thanks,
Tim

I bought an Alkin w31 about 2 months ago (June 2005). I searched high and low. I looked at all the models out there. I looked at new ones, used one, military surplus... you name it. I bought an Alkin and I cannot be happier.

I also found that the staff at AireTex (Kay and Deigo.. hope I spelled that right) are Very nice and helpful. Great people to call and ask questions to. I did not feel like an idiot for asking questions most people buying a compresor should know. Also, this is the best part, I ordered it on a Friday from Texas, it arrived in Virginia Monday morning

I do have to recommend to anyone though, buy a storage bottle (444cf 4500 psi tank) or 2 or 3 of them. You will run your compressor a while to get them full but you will run it alot less to fill or top off tanks. This saves the internal parts of the compressor that bang around at the inital start-up (This happens on ALL HP compressors not just Alkin).

If anyone wants to see my setup via pictures or in person, please email me directly at contact@chesterdiveclub.com. I am 1/4 mile off of exit 54 on I-95 in Virginia (Lake Rawlings Area) Again, my opinion is non bias and this is not a publicity post for Alkin, just another diver giving his two cents.

thank you for the reply, the customer service is one of the most important aspects of the sale/product to me, especially where we are (no parts/service within a LONG distance). I think I will definitely get this compressor, I have seen so many positive reviews.

Tim

Boy.... 7,5 hp on single phase? And at what voltage?? You must have some solid wiring then, won't you?

Here we run 230 volt 3-phase in older buildings/workshops (most) for machinery like a compressor. Newer buildings usually have 400 volt 3-phase installed. Less fire hazard I'd say. At least you get off with much less wiring.

Back
Top Bottom