Alerts on select key words on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exphilip

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Scubaboard Support

i am a new member and have trawled your forum and website for a number of topics that i have been researching. There is certainly a lot of good stuff - many thanks.

Now i am looking to set up alerts (by email notification) for some select key words ("whale shark", "galapagos") across the website but most importantly the forums. I have worked out how to subscribe to forums and threads, but for these two topics i havent been able to find specific forums. I promise i have made a significant effort to search for the answer to this, as this is clearly something that must have been desired before, but so far unsuccessfully. It would be great to be able to follow new posts and articles in such customised way.

can you help me?

by way of background, i am at this stage exploring the commumity and not yet a paying member (could this be related to the tracking option open for supporters?) and i have only attempted this on an iPad as this is all i carry on this longer trip i am currently on.

Thanks in advance

PS - somewhat unrelated, but probably equally easy for you to advise me on, i have spend some time researching and diving with whale sharks in Belize these past weeks with some success. I will move onto Mexico and the Bay Islands for more of this. It is my thought to contribute here on SB with a travel report which for lack of a better forum i would post under Belize initially. But since attempts to swim and dive with whale sharks are first of about where and when, I was hoping there was a better forum or approach more related to whale sharks per se.

Thanks again for setting up a community that works so well in an intransparent international field where it is most helpful and much required

I’m sure you’ve already used our search function to help you find posts on specific topics, but I do not know a way to turn that into email alerts.

You can also use all the robustness of an external search engine by searching on (for example): “whale shark” site:scubaboard.com

For Galapagos, the South America forum has most posts of substance .
Similarly, for whale sharks you might want to try the Shark Forum!

Looking forward to your trip report too!!

There's a few vbulletin addons to do this (such as vbresults). As far as I know scubaboard doesn't have them.

Please wait

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 02:52 PM ----------

Thanks everybody. It seems there is no such functionality then. I have posted the travel report on the whale shark trip to Belize of you are interested (@chillyinCanada)

I am hoping the posting above links to the article

all the best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom