Alert citizen saves us from a call out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A very observant citizen saved a life today and kept us from being called out.

It was just on the news. Sounds like a very overweight male fell into Lake Pend Oreille near his boat slip. Had another male working in the area not heard the other males cries for help and render aid we would have gotten called.

It’s in the same area I have done 8 or more recoveries in over the past 27 years. Five of them were with within 50’ of each other and this one was right on top of the last one I got.

The area isn’t dangerous at all but the drunkin seniors that go from the bar to their boats are. You have to pass the floating bar before you ever get to the first boat.

Lucky for him and lucky for us. If it hits the paper I’ll post the article.

Kudo's to the citizen.

Gary D.

If this is the place I'm thinking of (S.E. side of the lake?), Priscilla & I once stopped to eat there and watched in amazement at the gallons of alcohol being poured down the gullets of boat operators (with children in tow). This was the busy season.
Good food, though.

(BTW, I may have saved you a call out myself by not diving yesterday :wink: )

Drinking and boating, helluva way to find yourself at the bottom of a lake, no doubtedly the people who do that are the people whe dont need a life jacket "I am a Great swimmer!" To bad I have yet to see the unconsious swim. Pardon my spelling :D

Rick Inman:
If this is the place I'm thinking of (S.E. side of the lake?), Priscilla & I once stopped to eat there and watched in amazement at the gallons of alcohol being poured down the gullets of boat operators (with children in tow). This was the busy season.
Good food, though.
This was on Pend Oreille. Are you thinking about Arrow Point on Coeur d'Alene?

Here is the sat pic. The 2 soda straw looking docks are the boat ramp. The building that runs the same way as the ramp docks just to the north is the bar.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2665&Y=26571&W=1

About where the color change in the pic is where we will start searching again in a couple of weeks for our missing boater from last year.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=14&Z=11&X=167&Y=1660&W=1

This whole area is full of rich drunk old farts. I think that they feel if they get enough booze in them they will float. Ya know alcohol is lighter than water.

I've got the feeling we are going to be busy again this year. We are starting out to lucky.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
This was on Pend Oreille. Are you thinking about Arrow Point on Coeur d'Alene?
Oops! Actually, was thinking Priest. My confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom