Aldora Divers and Villa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donnis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just back from great trip to Cozumel. My husband and I stayed at Villa Aldora in the Kristal room. It had its own patio overlooking the ocean with an exit to the boat dock. It had a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, blender, toaster and everything needed in a kitchen, though the only sink is in the bathroom. There was coffee and a huge tank of drinking water. The bathroom was large with a great shower. Chris and Chris, the managers, were fantastic. We snorkeled off the boat deck, though you can dive - they provide tanks. Do bring your own shampoo, but everything else is there including a hairdryer and wash cloth. There is a drying room for your diving stuff.

We are old (70) and not very experienced divers. We took the advanced open water course doing the wreck dive, drift dive, navigation, deep dive and night dive. Our instructor, Mario, was relaxed and put us at ease, and at the same time was really attentive. The crew does everything for you including set-up, storing your stuff overnight, providing lights, compass or whatever. Everything is back on the boat that picks you up for the next dive. The price is very reasonable, with a 10% discount for cash.

The entire experience of staying at the villa and diving with Aldora was perfect.

We snorkeled off the boat deck, though you can dive - they provide tanks.

Can you expand on this, describe what you saw? I ask for a couple of reasons.

1.) Some people bring non-divers along on vacation, and snorkeling is one of the 'stuff they can do' options.

2.) While Cozumel is not a 'shore diving' destination from what I understand, it is a destination with shore diving and some like it. (Disclaimer: I've boat dove there, not shore dove it). When people ask about shore diving options, recommendations tend to include Hotel Cozumel/Scuba Club Cozumel, Blue Angel, and few others...of which one is Aldora Villas.

Glad you enjoyed it! This is our regular winter vacation. We’ve been there every winter since 2012 plus a few other trips. We always stay in the Falice Suite so we can get a full kitchen and a separate bedroom, so my wife can sleep in if she wants while I cook myself breakfast. Good accommodations, great staff, great diving. I like the shore dive in front. Lots of juveniles, yellow stingrays, spotted morays, French angels, puffers and other stuff. Octopus and glassy sweepers at night. I found a mantis shrimp one day and Steve told me where there was a sea horse, but I never found it and I’m not sure it’s there any more.

Those who've done the shore dive there, please post some photos, ideally looking at the topside and also the underwater view. I hear about this place from time to time but seldom have I seen photos to give me an idea what it'd be like to be there (which would take time, money, crowd out other trip options...).

Richard.

Our go to room is Barracuda. Still a studio but full kitchen with a sink, stove....

Steps away from the palapa and has a nice view.

here are a few photos, plenty more available. Many think it to be the best shore dive or snorkel in Cozumel, especially at nights. Little HP80cf tanks are always available, at no charge. Others may have better photos.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Attachments

• Spotted Scorpion (2).JPG
    Spotted Scorpion (2).JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Reef Squid at night.JPG
    Reef Squid at night.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 123
  • White Urchin in Red.JPG
    White Urchin in Red.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 178
  • mex2_005_6_24_04.jpg
    mex2_005_6_24_04.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Red Crab.JPG
    Red Crab.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 123
OH, the night snorkel is about as good as our boat dives—and is free with safe entry and exit on SS stairs.

Dave
PS The water is 8-10 ft at the little wall and 15-18 out at the eel grass where the sea horse hang out

Can you expand on this, describe what you saw? I ask for a couple of reasons.

1.) Some people bring non-divers along on vacation, and snorkeling is one of the 'stuff they can do' options.

2.) While Cozumel is not a 'shore diving' destination from what I understand, it is a destination with shore diving and some like it. (Disclaimer: I've boat dove there, not shore dove it). When people ask about shore diving options, recommendations tend to include Hotel Cozumel/Scuba Club Cozumel, Blue Angel, and few others...of which one is Aldora Villas.

Just saw some interesting rock environments with some coral and inlets. Various medium small fish. We we were enjoying the warm ocean water. It is a little hard to find a place where both snorkelers and divers have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom