Alamo Rent a Car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportyluis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All!

Does anyone know if Alamo Rent a Car stays open past their stated hours if the flight in is slightly delayed? The plane lands about 20 min before they close and I'm assuming customs / getting your bag will take some time. I just want to be prepared for my trip next week!

I'm going to try calling them as well but thought I'd post here if anyone had any experience!

Luis

My experiences elsewhere have been that the paperwork is passed on to the last agency open.
Meaning that you will be able to rent your Alamo car from whoever is still open (Herz, National, Dollar, etc)

Michael

If it doesn't have to be Alamo, Budget is open til 22:30 - 7 days/wk. My buddy checked all the airport agencies and Budget had the best deal - for an suv.

I found the best on the island is Prins. Homepage - Prins Car Rental Curaçao They drop off and pick up at hotel. I just cab with the 4+ bags to my hotel ($40) and Prins very conveniently drops car off the next morning or couple days later and picks up at end of vacation. Way less hassle than waiting in line with bags then going to car and walk around with attendant... then trying to fit all the bags in a tiny car. In particular late arrival then waiting on a horde of folks ahead of you... Yuck. Anyway you will love the island have fun.

I found out for you that the National/Alamo desk is open to 11pm. They will usually stay open if they know there is going to be a slight delay and they have a reservation arriving. It really depends on the length of the delay. Hope this helps

You didn't ask about leaving, but seems once or twice we had to leave Curacao when whoever we were renting from wasn't open yet and they were like "leave the car in such and such spot with the keys under the mat." (We were nervous about that, but was fine.)

Really your key is to talk to them and make sure they're aware of your situation. But I've found island car rental or similar tourist focused businesses most places pretty flexible about this sort of thing in general. It's simply part of their gig and they have to have ways to deal with stuff. You're unlikely to be the only one.

Cabbing it and having car pickup and dropoff at your hotel can often be a decent option too though, as long as you're not way at the far end of the island.

Back
Top Bottom