Aladin Sport Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill87

Registered
Reaction score
I just dug out my old ScubaproAladin Sport dive computer. Got the battery compartment off the battery inside is a 3.6 volt double A battery with wire tabs on each end. I was able to order the same battery off Amazon and that's on its way. Assuming I can get that soldered in place properly, the next step is to reset the computer. From what I've been able to find on the internet once you replace the battery you need to use another 3 volt battery to reset the computer. Does anyone know the process for doing that? The scubapro manual for this dive computer simply says to send it back to the company for all maintenance.

Just replaced the battery in this 1993 one, I must be lucky, I have not had to rest it , or again in the past.
20201019_121924.jpg

Unlike the one below you can not change the battery,
20201227_080648.jpg
Only used as backup bottom timers with my computer.
Edit: Solder does not stick[ tried many times] I use a special metal tape from a auto store, can't remember the name, next time I am home I will look and post here.

Just replaced the battery in this 1993 one, I must be lucky, I have not had to rest it , or again in the past.
View attachment 632764

Unlike the one below you can not change the battery,
View attachment 632765
Only used as backup bottom timers with my computer.
Edit: Solder does not stick[ tried many times] I use a special metal tape from a auto store, can't remember the name, next time I am home I will look and post here.
Luckily mine is like the top one. I ordered a battery with the wire tabs on it so hopefully I can solder wire to wire. I've read that soldering a wire directly onto the terminals of a battery is very difficult. Good news about not having to do the reset. How long did your replacement battery last?

I have done battery swaps in a few of the early Aladin Pro versions. The ones with a round battery cap. I did not have to do any sort of reset. As soon as I got the new battery soldered in, it came back to life.

if you haven’t already figured this out... you unsolder the outside connection first, then you can slide the battery out far enough the deal with the inside connection. Just be careful of that inside wire routing as you push it back in the tube.

This is what mine looks like. The top connector just came off when I started to remove the battery I didn't have to unsolder it. I haven't unsoldered the other terminal.

Attachments

• 20201224_090141.jpg
    20201224_090141.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20201226_180910.jpg
    20201226_180910.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 122
terrence brady 301-639-9173
has done many batt replacements for us including uwatec

Bill

This is what mine looks like. The top connector just came off when I started to remove the battery I didn't have to unsolder it. I haven't unsoldered the other terminal.
The tag is quite difficult to come off.
Just solder the two wires into place(with correct polarity) and the computer should last another 3-4 yrs before another change of battery.
Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom