AL Titan question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Man J

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase my first reg and was looking at the Aqualung Titan LX and the Titan LX Supreme.

My question is that the Supreme is adjusted for cold water use(and what is considered cold water use?), I mainly dive in the Caribbean, but may want to do some wreck diving off of the New Jersey coast. Would the Supreme cause me problems in the Caribbean? Am I better off just getting the Titan LX?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help

Great thank you for the responses. Last question regarding the reg....

Which connection do I need to get? I see there are two options, a Yoke / A clamp and a DIN. Since I do not own a tank or anything which one should I be getting? Thanks again for the help.

DIN is becoming more popular due to captured oring, and solid connection, however, your more likely to rent a tank with a yoke valve, and so would need and adapter to use a DIN reg. If you are willing to upgrade your reg in a couple of years, Id say go yoke for starters, due to ease of use. For long term planning, DIN is the way to go, but make sure you get a 300BAR din.

My daughter dives a Titan LX, I think its a great, reasonably priced reg. If you are going to be diving cold water ( I believe the manufacturer defines cold water as temps below 50 degrees F) then the environmentally sealed LX Supreme would probably be a better choice for you. You can always dive a cold water reg in warm water, but not necessarily a warm water reg in cold water.

Thank you everyone. Your responses have truly assisted me in my decision making process. I do think I am going to go with the Supreme with the DIN connection. I will get an adapter for now until I need to use the DIN by it self. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom