AL 90 cu ft 3300 psi ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
How come you can't find these tanks anymore? I love the weight of the tanks and the size is just right but Its been like pulling teeth to find these tanks. Please help!

Aardal

Hey Aardal

Luxfur lists the 90.3 cft tank at 3200 and the 99.3 at 3300.

http://www.luxfercylinders.com/americas/product_info/scuba/specifications.htfx.htm

The other company lists the 85 and 95's at 240 bar. I'm not sure what manufacturer they are using. Check their site and ask them for more info.

Also, send luxfur an email. They should know what scuba manufacturers they are selling their 90 cft tanks to. They could probably put you in touch with them.

If that fails, you may want to look at getting a super80. At least that is what mine were called when I picked them up (similar to compact 80?). I think luxfer lists them as the S808. When diving an aluminum tank, I prefer the bounyancy characteristics over the standard 80. They are getting hard to find as well, but I picked mine up from Dacor around 1990.

If I can help, let me know. I'll check what is stamped on my tank.

Cheers

Originally posted by Aardal
How come you can't find these tanks anymore? I love the weight of the tanks and the size is just right but Its been like pulling teeth to find these tanks. Please help!

Aardal

The 90 cu.ft. @ 3300 psi was made by Catalina Cylinders from 1986 to 1992. They have since been dicontinued. They actually held 85.14 cf of air.

ti

Thanks Thomas for that little bit of info. I have, since posting this,found another one. I now have four of them. If you run across any of these tanks please let me know. You can never have too many tanks! Thanks again !

Aaron

Originally posted by Aardal
Thanks Thomas for that little bit of info. I have, since posting this,found another one. I now have four of them. If you run across any of these tanks please let me know. You can never have too many tanks! Thanks again !

Aaron

Keep on eye out for scuba stores selling their rental tanks. This is where allot of them ended up.

ti

I have a Luxfer 100CU tank and it is rated at 3300psi. Love it. Not much more than and 80 in feeling, but a plus having that extra volume. in real weight I believe it is 10lbs more than a 80 but you can't really feel it......

I am hooked on 100's now....

Thanks for all the replys...I finally found another one at a local dive shop on consignment. I finally have four of these tanks now! Thanks for all of your inputs!

Aaron Aardal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom