AL 50's for DECO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just talked with a guy, who is selling 2 Al 50's for $100. I am very interested in buying them for deco bottles. Would a 50 work just as well as a 40. I thought with that good of a deal I could I could use them quite well. The only thing is, I am going to start leaning toward DIR, and I do not know how they feel about 50's for deco bottles.

What you anyone suggest?
Thanks
Adam

jeepster0000 once bubbled...
I just talked with a guy, who is selling 2 Al 50's for $100. I am very interested in buying them for deco bottles. Would a 50 work just as well as a 40. I thought with that good of a deal I could I could use them quite well. The only thing is, I am going to start leaning toward DIR, and I do not know how they feel about 50's for deco bottles.

What you anyone suggest?
Thanks
Adam
personally I find the AL 50s too short..
For short duration decos I Use 40s(when using my RB as bailout I'll carry steel 45s since I dive with absolute minimum weight and a few pounds of positive buoyancy in an emergency could be a problem), If boat space is limited or longer decos I'll uses al 72s or al 80s. I find the longer tanks sit better on me under water...

Back
Top Bottom