Akumal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving with the Akumal Dive Center, right on the main playa in Akumal for about 17 years or so. I really like them and they will show you a good time.

Where ya staying?

Akumal Beach Resort, where do you stay when you go down? Any great places to eat, see, etc?

Akumal Beach Resort, where do you stay when you go down? Any great places to eat, see, etc?

We generally get a condo on Half Moon Bay, not much more than a hotel room. Good places to eat, La Lunita is pretty good (small portions), Turtle Bay Cafe is great for breakfast, the cafe attached to the Super Chomak is good for lunch. You can get much better deals in Playa del Carmen at places like El Fogon, la Parrilla, HC Monterrey, but its a 40 minute drive.

What to see, 5th Avenue in PDC has the best shopping, plenty of cenotes in the area, both Tulum and Coba are an easy drive from Akumal, in June hook up with the Centro Ecologico: Akumal, Mexico, Ocean Research, Environmental Education, Sea Turtle Protection, Marine Research for turtle walks along the beaches, Alltournative - Off Track Adventures has good day trips that are reasonably priced. I would get the Mayan Riviera map from Can-Do Maps and travel guides. It will be the best $8 you spend on your trip.

Ahhh...The ABR. We usually stay in small villa or condo on Half Moon Bay. The Akumal Dive Center is just steps down the beach from your resort. Many that stay there dive with ADC. You are within distance of many good restaurants. I'm particularly fond of the Turtle Bay. Their crab cake eggs benedict are to die for. The Lol-Ha (palapa style bar/restaurant) is a fun place to hang out on the beach.

Many fabulous things to do near by. Rent a car and see the wonders within 30 minutes of your resort. There cenotes, Tulum and Coba ruins...

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom