akumal dive center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traciedee

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of either staying at GBP or Sirenis. I've never experienced all inclusive dive shops and was wondering if I would be better off usuing Akumal Dive Center. Does anyone knw if they will pick us up on the beach at the Resort? Are all the dive shops in that area PADI?

They will pick you up in their van if your are staying in a villa or condo from Yalku to Akumal Bay, but I have never heard of them going to Bahia, Sirenis or any other resort to pick up divers. If you have a full boat for them, you might be able to get them to pick you up.

As far as a pick-up by boat, I've never seen any of the Akumal shops go to a resort to pick up divers. It would be out of their way based on the proximity to their dive sites.

I can't answer your questions but I will sure give a good word for Akumal Dive Center. We just got back last night after 14 days down there. We had bought a 10 dive package. Unfortunately, our group picked up some nasty bronchitis crud during the trip and the two of us divers only made 1 dive. We had to cancel all of our remaining dives they had no issues with refunding our money. The one dive we did with them was excellent. I would not hesitate to use them or recomment them again.

We are taking our family to Akumal, staying on Half Moon Bay at Playa Blanca, I know there is a dive shop on HMB and two in Akumal Bay, does anyone have info or input between the three? We have three teenagers doing their certification dives and my husband and I are certified divers. Also wondering, is it better to book in advance, or can you negotiate better pricing with cash on location when we arrive?

We are taking our family to Akumal, staying on Half Moon Bay at Playa Blanca, I know there is a dive shop on HMB and two in Akumal Bay, does anyone have info or input between the three? We have three teenagers doing their certification dives and my husband and I are certified divers. Also wondering, is it better to book in advance, or can you negotiate better pricing with cash on location when we arrive?

If you're staying at Playa Blanca, Akumal Dive Adventures on Half Moon Bay will be the closest. Their instructor, Shaelah, is wonderful. I've seen her with junior divers, adults and families, and she is very thorough and patient. If I was getting teens certified I would not hesitate to do the check-outs with her and Dive Adventures.

With Dive Adventures (as well as the other shops in Akumal), there isn't any negotiating on price for courses or dives. You can buy a package in advance and the more dives you pre-pay the less it costs. The pricing is on their website Akumal Dive Adventures - Homepage Dive Center on Akumal Bay also gives you a break once you do 10 dives. Prices are about the same. Dive Shop is the most expensive. All the shops dive 3, single tank trips a day. The sites are 5-10 minutes out so they just come back to the beach for surface intervals and switch out tanks.

Back
Top Bottom