Aktundive Center question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JWojna1

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened with Aktundive Center, Tulum Mexico?
I dove with them in Cenotes March this year, but now their web (www.aktundive.com) disappeared. Looks like the whole domain is lost, so sending an e-mail will also not work. Did they move to another domain name or...?

Thanks for help in advance.

Best regards,
Shrek

Were they the dive shop on the south west corner of 307 and the Coba Road? If so, they are no more. Their building is now Alltournative Tours.

Yes. They were just opposite side to Supermarket San Francisco de Assis.
Do you have any more details about their new location and new e-mail contacts?
The old aktundive.com domain doesn't work....

Thanks in advance,

BR
Shrek

Not positive but I believe the owner gunther is back in Germany.

Yup, that's it. Gunther sold the op to Alltournative tours and they are subcontracting it out to another manager of sorts. You can probably find out more on Alltournative's website, but basically the op is gone as you knew it.

Augustus, Diver Lori: many thanks for reply, but have a question:
Gunther, or Gunnar? I heard that Gunnar Wagner, who started the business sold his share in the business some time ago to some other guy, but there was also Lina, who (afa I understood) was co-owner. I saw her March-April 2006 (I stayed and dove with Aktundive that time) and she was running the business. Actually I am looking for fontact to her... I saw also Marko that time, but not Gunnar, so understand that it is possible that he may have left to Germany... Never heard about Gunther... Who is he?
Anyhow, still waiting if anyone who may know will be kind to help me.

i may have had the name wrong. I only met him once some years ago. I have to assume they are the same person (owner of the shop cave intructor from Germany). I quite likely missheard or missremembered the name. As for Lini I can not help.

I was in Akumal last month and our guide mentioned the shop was no more when I commented on Alltournative being on that corner. She stated the owner had sold out and moved back home. I seem to recall it was a G name that was not anglo, so I may have it wrong to with regards to Gunther/Gunnar.

I'll email my guide and see if she knows the whereabouts of a "Lina".

OK. Thanks guys. I think I understand what happened. I heard last year from Lina that she built some little hotel in the jungle, next to some cenote. may be she abandoned Aktundive because of this reason? And since Gunnar sold his stake and left back to Germany...
But this means that I am lost... :(
Will keep trying through other sources, but if you hear something, please be so kind to let me know.
Anyhow thans and safe cave diving! :wink:

BR
Shrek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom