Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have taken the Bangkok LAX China airlines flights, they are good but seems like they were always late, not by much but just enough to miss the next flight. They do have the best price I have found.
I fly internationally more than once a month and to have a seat back in your face while trying to eat is a pain. You are paying for your seat and will damn well have it back if you want, what about me sitting behind you?? I paid for my seat too. Think about it. 30 minutes for a meal isn't a whole lot to ask on a 15 hour flight.
There, now I feel better :)

I want to thank all of you for your advice and suggestions. China Air out of Seattle seems to be the cheapest by a few hundred dollars and also the shortest flight. The only problem is that the return flight from Phuket only allows an hr. to change planes in Taipei, and having never been there and not knowing the size of the airport and how far it is between terminals I'm sure if one can make the switch in that short of time.

I've taken CI flight from KL to NYC. The flight stopped at HK, TPE and Anchorage along the way.

Service wise? Not that bad. But certainly not comparable to MH or SQ. One stewardess actually spilled a few drops of hot coffee onto my trousers. And the stewardess were also clumsy judging by the fact that the food cart got tripped and all the food trays fell onto the aisle floor.

I'm sure that doesn't happen too often though.

I've done the China Airlines out of Bangkok - it was the cheapest option - with the very quick connection in Taipei. If you should miss the connecting flight because the first flight is late, then it is the airline's problem and they are responsible for re-arranging your connection and dealing with whatever inconveniences you are forced to endure (standard procedure even for a Taiwanese bucket carrier).

Japan Airlines does LA-Bangkok.

Once you get to BK, there are numerous options to/from Phuket. Air Asia is popular choice.

I´ve just brought my ticket with opodo.com return ticket to Bangkok, from London for 4 months, 477.50 pounds. I´ve been looking all over the net for cheap flights, and its the cheapest company I´ve come across.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom