airline ticket prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We love southwest. I despise American. I will pay more to not fly American.

Luckily, with southwest we don’t have to. We traded in a butt of points and the whole fam is doing the bag drag. We’re coming in the day before because I’m making our teens do the navigation to Cancun as a learning experience.
The recent recurring problem of southwest planes having exploding engines is a troubling trend and they haven't satisfactorily resolved the problem in my opinion. They were also in the news twice since then for other critical failures. Southwest just can't seem to get aircraft maintenance right lately, and I wouldn't put my family on one of their planes if it was free right now.

If you haven't seen this in the news, then I urge you to take a look on your favorite news site before you board one of their airplanes.

Last edited:
The recent recurring problem of southwest planes having exploding engines is a troubling trend and they haven't satisfactorily resolved the problem in my opinion. They were also in the news twice since then for other critical failures. Southwest just can't seem to get aircraft maintenance right lately, and I wouldn't put my family on one of their planes if it was free right now.

If you haven't seen this in the news, then I urge you to take a look on your favorite news site before you board one of their airplanes.

I’m familiar with the incidents, but I don’t think it’s justifible to blacklist the airline. The engines on SWA 737s are the same as those used on thousands of other 737s. The maintainence schedule is the same, the FAA regulations are the same etc etc etc.

In short, I don’t think any airline is safer than any other, in part because they are all so safe that it’s difficult to rank them. My husband is a pilot, and we’re familiar with FAA standards for maintainence, and they are no joke. Investigations are underway. If a reversible or preventable issue is found, I’m sure it will be addressed across the 737 platform, not just SWA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom